Q. What is special about the Agen retreat?
- The retreat group is intentionally mixed, offering you the ability to really get to know your French counterparts who are learning English (and vice versa).
- Unlike many other language or yoga retreats, you won't be in an American bubble, speaking French only in restaurants or shops when you're not in class.
- Your language classes will be taught by internationally known language teachers offering fun, effective classes in an intimate setting... without grammar exercises or homework.
- The bilingual yoga will be taught by expert yoga teachers (& is appropriate for all levels).
- You'll have access to massage offered by a professional massage therapist!
Q. When is the Agen Retreat?
- The retreat starts Saturday evening, May 2, 2020 with a group dinner, and ends Friday evening, May 8, 2020 (after a day in an incredible château and a fabulous group luncheon).
Q. Where is Agen?
- Agen is a small city in Southwest France, in the Lot-et-Garonne department, about halfway between Toulouse and Bordeaux. It is on a centuries-old river and canal route connecting the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea.
Q. How do I get to Agen?
- The most convenient way to get to Agen is to fly to Toulouse. From the Toulouse airport, take a shuttle to the train station and the train from Toulouse to Agen. Trains depart hourly. You can also take the train from Bordeaux. Another easy option is to fly to Paris and then take a train down to Agen.
Q. What is the retreat location in Agen?
- Home base for the retreat will be the Stim’otel Agen (www.stimotel.com). Our last day will be spent at the Château Le Pécile.
Q. What is the retreat schedule?
- There will be yoga and language instruction every day except Wednesday, which will be an open excursion day.
- Saturday, May 2 is arrival day. We’ll meet at the hotel for an opening social gathering and dinner.
- Sunday will include orientation to the retreat and to Agen, and an afternoon language session.
- Most days will have both morning and afternoon language sessions.
- We’ll have excursions on some days to places around Agen, like a weekly market, where you can experience the culture and language in real life situations.
- On Wednesday you’ll have time for a more extended excursion of your choice (& we are looking into some interesting options to offer you!)
- We’ll close the retreat with a full day at the Château Le Pécile, which includes a delectable group luncheon.
Q. How much does the retreat cost?
- Cost for the language instruction, yoga, lodging (single occupancy), breakfast, opening dinner + closing day/meal at the Château Le Pécile only $1500 (early bird rate $1350 before 12/15).
- Tarif en euros: €1360 (tarif préférentiel avant le 15 décembre €1225)
- Host family option - $150 discount (limited availability)
- Couples rate (double occupancy) - $150 discount
Q. What are the other costs?
- Lunches/dinners Sunday through Thursday (breakfast is included)
- Restaurant lunches in Agen cost around 15 euros; dinners are approximately 30 euros
- Transportation to & from Agen
- Other activities you choose to do during free times
Q. Are there other lodging options other than the hotel?
- There is an option to stay with a local host family (limited availability). Please indicate on the registration form if you are interested in this option.
Q. How do I register for the retreat?
- So glad you asked! Register here.
- Cost is $1500 (only $1350 early bird rate by 12/15).
- Reserve your spot with a payment of 50% ($750... or $675 early bird rate); balance due by April 1, 2020
- Réservation avec versement de 50% (soit €680... ou bien €612,50 pour tarif préférentiel)
- Please note that space is very limited.